Calgary and Family

After a nice afternoon on an Airdrie patio with Chris and Kelly, we drove into Calgary to help Trisha with a new couch. We then went to Airdrie and had a nice visit with Cephas, Dom and Mishy.

Chris left for home on Friday and I visited Cephas at his new job and then went downtown to visit Patsy at her workplace. Then we went to the 7 Ave mall and met Ashley and ran into Cousin Susan and Troy. Dinner on an outside patio on 7 Ave was awesome and then we met Ashley and Matt at a rooftop restaurant. The weather was spectacular.






On Saturday I met the grandkids at Cora’s Restaurant where Mishy works. It was Devro’s 20th Birthday and we took him to a movie and then Boston Pizza.



Jen baked a cake for Devro’s birthday so we went back to Airdrie afterward to Cephas’s place and had a little birthday party. After hanging out there for a couple of hours I went to Marc and Lisa’s to see what was happening in Haiti and with their mission there. They return there in October (with five kids now).



On Sunday, Cathy and Chris Bergquist and John and Kathy Attrell met me in Airdrie and we drove to Lacombe where we met Eva Berg and visited the grave of our great grandfather Joseph Artley Attrell and grand mother Ethel Blanche Attrell. We had ordered new monuments for the grave (it was unmarked until now) and it was a very special and moving experience.

We then travelled to Ponoka where Eva showed us the graves of several Dick family members from the early 1900’s.

After dinner at a local A&W we travelled to the homestead farmsite of our family NE of Red Deer before travelling to Castor, Alberta where we stayed the night at Aunt Connie and Uncle Clay’s retirement home.





On Monday we travelled with Connie and Clay to Brownfield, Alberta where we visited with Cousin Byron and Susan at their farm. After lunch we returned to Calgary (about three hour drive) and I met Trisha and Jason at hus new place. Jason picked up his Mom after foot surgery and she was a little whoozie.

Jason BBQ’d salmon for us and Kim Kindopp came to visit as well. It was my first time meeting Robyn and Nadia and we had a great time.

I took Trisha to her new condo and watched over her that night. She did not have a very pleasant sleep that night and I’m glad I was there to help.






On Monday I spent the morning watching over my sister then caught the early afternoon flight back to Dallas.

The trip was a lot of fun and jamb-packed with adventure and visiting with family.


Click here for video and photos of the trip.

This entry was posted in Church, Family, Traveling and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply