Look at this comparison of the Stock Market 74 years ago (during the great depression) to today’s stock market and you can see why investors are somewhat reluctant to “gamble” on any business venture. Add to that recent poll numbers that show that 68% of Americans feel that our Country is going in the wrong direction and 55% would vote “no confidence” in our leadership.
A friend of mine asked some Liberal-leaning acquaintances why they voted for Obama and Democrats in general. After “fine-tuning” the responses to make their positions more clearly understood (a common liberal affliction) he listed the reasons in point form:
1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 43% isn’t.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine, as long as nobody is offended by it.
4. I voted Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
6. I voted Democrat because I’m not concerned about millions of babies being aborted, so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe groups who would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I voted Democrat because I think that it’s better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.
11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised “HOPE AND CHANGE”.
12. I voted Democrat because it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.